Ridderkerk

Synagogue at Ridderkerk, Benedenrijweg 7, 1968 (RDMZ)

Prior to their forming an independent community of their own in 1863, the Jews of Ridderkerk belonged to the Jewish community at Dordrecht.

Beginning in 1835, Jews in Ridderkerk met to pray in an attic room in a house on the Benedenrijweg. A declining Jewish population and a lack of funds led to the closing of the attic synagogue in 1924. The building remains standing until this day. The Jewish community at Ridderkerk was dissolved in 1931 and merged anew into the community at Dordrecht.

Jewish population of Ridderkerk and surroundings:

1809 58
1840 64
1869 60
1899 55
1930 10
Error parsing XSLT file: \xslt\Zoeken.xslt
jhm.nljhmkindermuseum.nlhollandscheschouwburg.nlportugesesynagoge.nletshaim.nljoodsmonument.nlmenassehbenisrael.nl